Home Forums Song-Bike Forum Rules Singng & Playing – how do you do it?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mr. Nick 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

jkehew
    Keymaster

one of the most common questions I get is, How do I learn to sing and play at the same time ?
    What would you say ?

Wjbnole
    Participant

Pick a song that is all rhythm (no riffs). Pick a song that you love so you can play it over and over without getting bored. Play the rhythm part until it is part of your subconscious. Then play the rhythm while tapping one foot, then two feet (you have to multi task). Then try singing it in your head while playing. Then hum it out loud when you are playing. Then move on to saying the words while playing. Then move on to actually singing while you are playing. Then if you’re me, get some voice lessons!!!

Mr. Nick
    Participant

All good advice. If your’re like me don’t forget to put the dogs up. When I pick up my guitar the dog heads for door. If you need help on songs to sing I can recommend a source for traditional country music, if you happen to like that genre. it’s Classic Country music Lyrics (you can google it) and chords. It has it all. Also, it has a place to instantly change the songs original key to whatever key you like. You can print it then. (I have so much trouble with the “F” chord that I change everything to “G” & the dog likes it better) This will only work if you know the songs melody. On the ones I don’t know (very few) I look it up on youtube. You can print it then. Hope this helps.
    Mr. nick

Mr. Nick
    Participant

All good advice. If your’re like me don’t forget to put the dogs up. When I pick up my guitar the dog heads for door. If you need help on songs to sing I can recommend a source for traditional country music, if you happen to like that genre. it’s Classic Country music Lyrics (you can google it) and chords. It has it all. Also, it has a place to instantly change the songs original key to whatever key you like. You can print it then. (I have so much trouble with the “F” chord that I change everything to “G” & the dog likes it better) This will only work if you know the songs melody. On the ones I don’t know (very few) I look it up on youtube. Hope this helps. Contact me if you need more info.
    Mr. nick

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.