Home Forums Song-Bike Forum Rules Start up Fiddle Music

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  River D 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

musicalmindy
    Participant

any tips on where to find and which to play
    Fiddle music?
    on an acoustic guitar
    that sounds a lot more fun than scales

River D
    Participant

Hello musicalmindy. I play a little bit of mandolin. The mandolin is tuned the same way as the violin or fiddle, which there is no real difference in those two except the way the bridge might be cut. With that said there is a ton of fiddle tunes for the mandolin on line and in your music store. The mandolin is tuned in 5ths which makes it kind of easy to transpose to other instruments like the guitar. The guitar in standard tuning is tuned in 4ths except for the 2nd and 3rd strings which are tuned to a 3rd. don’t get wrapped up in the above tunings just remember if you can read a little bit of music notation just play the tune like it is written. There is really nothing to do just read and play. Now if you don’t read which is OK too you can listen and try to pick it up by ear. I wish I had a better ear for that. Just a note, mandolin tab will not work for guitar but there might be a way to transpose that with out being able to read notation. I will look into that.
    Good luck
    River D

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.