Home Forums Song-Bike Forum Rules The F major chord

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Wjbnole 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

jkehew
    Keymaster

Looking for people who have mastered the F chord – what advice would you give beginners who are struggling with it ?

gtetro
    Participant

I have not mastered it by any means. Advice is to be patient. It takes how long it takes. Watch Jonathans YouTube video. It helped me a lot. Play the C to F chord change (Jonathans suggestion). That helped too. Did I mention to be patient.
    Gregg
    Playing 1-1/2 years.

Wjbnole
    Participant

You have to learn to play that chord. Jonathan has some tips. I learned the 4 string F (with a min barre on the B and E strings). I didn’t bother with the F that engages the pinkie and the mini barre because I was able to master the full barre chord F with lots of practice.
    The 1, 4, 5 in the key of C requires going from C to F. Keep trying, or use a capo and play in the key of G or D to avoid the F while sticking with open chords.

tomzipp
    Participant

when playing th F cord try to pinch the index finger with your thumb directly behind the neck. Pressing all the strings is not necessary..

Mr. Nick
    Participant

I ran up on one way the other day. said just play the second string C, third string A and 4 string F. Let the 1st string ring E instead of F. Works for me.

Wjbnole
    Participant

You could also try an F power chord.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.