Home Forums Song-Bike Forum Rules Looking For A new Guitar

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ken Stengler 1 year ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

mattbaas
    Participant

mattbaas
    Participant

I am a beginner and found that I made a mistake in purchasing a Yamaha C40 Classical as my guitar to learn on. Simply put, neck with is much to wide for me and I find making the chord shapes very difficult. I have had recommendations to pursue Yamaha steel string guitars and have been focusing on a few in theFS 800 series/ These are Concert style. I have also looked at A Yamaha FG800 series Dreadnought body style. Recently I saw on line the Epiphone Hummingbird Artist accoustic. I have read some really good reviews on this, and was wondering if anyone on the forum has had experience with Epiphone acoustics. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks, Matt

Ken Stengler
    Participant

Yamaha is the best guitar at any price point. I own 2 of them. I really like my Seagull guitars. I also own 2 of them. What ever guitar you get; get a professional setup. The action of the majority of ‘out of the box’ guitars is too high. Guitar is for joy; not how much pain you can tolerate..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.